Privacy & Security Policy
(1) We gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, email addresses, firm affiliations and titles).
- Tracking information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by e-mail (for example, your domain name, your e-mail address, and what pages you visit); and
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
(2) We use this information to:
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools, such as The Nor’easter e-newsletter online and print.
- Notify you of updates to our sites.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
- Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware.
- Track usage of our sites.
- Notify you of local, state, or national Calls to Action.
- Display member contact info on our association’s web sites.
(3) Email Policy:
NEAR does not share, sell, or trade email addresses but may provide you with on-line informational or marketing messages for the purposes described in Part 4 of this policy. We do post each member’s email address along with their individual contact info on our website, unless a member notifies us in writing not to do so.
(4) We will not share, sell or otherwise provide other information about you to third parties, except for:
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
- Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our sites that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. If information about you will be shared with a sponsor you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
- NEAR Affiliate members may purchase mailing labels with our members postal addresses, and Affiliate members are also able to obtain a roster of members and/or member firms with individual members’ contact information. Additionally, Affiliate members who sponsor or hold seminars in conjunction with NEAR may be provided with the list of members who participated along with their contact information.
(5) Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products, dues or other services via the REALTOR® Electronic Commerce Network (“E-Commerce Network”) will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
(6) We maintain security procedures and standards which we believe are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them as new technologies become feasible.
(7) We utilize a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. Members who would like to opt out may do so electronically via broadcast emails they receive from us, or they may email the association a request to opt out of broadcast emails.
(8) You may edit your personal contact information directly in the NRDS system or by sending an email to a member of the NEAR staff. Staff email addresses are on our website under “About NEAR.”
Terms & Conditions
You must be 18 years or older in order to participate. By affirmatively signing-up for NEAR's text messages, you agree to these terms and conditions. Your consent to these terms and conditions includes authorization for NEAR to deliver autodialed mobile messages, and you understand that your consent is included in your application but is not in any way required as a condition of membership in NEAR.
Cost and Frequency: Although NEAR does not charge you for sending or receiving text messages, you may be charged by your carrier depending upon your message and data rate plan. You are solely responsible for all message and data charges that you incur.
Once you enroll, the frequency of text alerts NEAR sends to you will vary, though you will not receive more than 4 messages a month.
User Opt-In: By providing your mobile phone number to us, you are voluntarily opting in to the Program and you agree to receive recurring mobile messages from us at the mobile phone number associated with your opt-in, even if such number is registered on any state or federal “Do Not Call” list. You agree that any mobile phone number you provide to us is a valid mobile phone number of which you are the owner or authorized user. If you change your mobile phone number or are no longer the owner or authorized user of the mobile phone number, you agree to promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your participation in the Program is not required to make any purchase from us and your participation in the Program is completely voluntary.
User Opt-Out and Support: You may opt-out of the Program at any time. If you wish to opt- out of the Program and stop receiving mobile messages from us, or you no longer agree to these Mobile Messaging Terms, reply STOP to any mobile message from us. You may continue to receive text messages for a short period while we process your request and you may receive a one-time opt-out confirmation message. You understand and agree that the foregoing is the only reasonable method of opting out. For support, reply HELP to any mobile message from us.
Our mobile messaging platform may not recognize requests that modify the foregoing commands, and you agree that we and our service providers will not be liable for failing to honor requests that do not comply with the requirements in these Mobile Messaging Terms. We may also change the telephone number or short code we use to operate the Program and we will notify you of any such change. You acknowledge that any requests sent to a telephone number or short code that has been changed may not be received by us and we will not be responsible for failing to honor a request sent to a telephone number or short code that has been changed.
Disclaimer of Warranty and Liability: The Program is offered on an “as-is” basis and may not be available in all areas, at all times, or on all mobile providers. You agree that neither we nor our service providers will be liable for any failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any mobile message or information sent through the Program.
Miscellaneous: We may modify or cancel the Program or any of its features at any time, with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these
Mobile Messaging Terms at any time. Any such modification will take effect when it is posted to our website. You agree to review these Mobile Messaging Terms periodically to ensure that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued participation in the Program will constitute your acceptance of those modifications.