Through the collective strength of more than 1 million members nationwide, the REALTOR® organization is an important voice for the industry and a vital business partner for you as an individual real estate professional. REALTOR® membership offers you a wealth of resources that can help enhance your productivity, communicate changes and issues affecting the industry, and prepare you for the future.
- Access high-quality courses that help you achieve a higher professional standard. NEAR prides itself on offering a curriculum that translates directly into today’s market.
- More than 70 classes a year — many at no cost — that fulfill continuing education requirements (some for both MA & NH), enhance your skills, and provide additional industry knowledge.
- Access online training, include free MA CE courses, as well as many other low and no cost offerings on topics to boost your real estate career.
Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Affordable, efficient methods for REALTORS® and the public to address disagreements over the details of a real estate transaction: ethics complaint filing, ombudsman services, mediation, and arbitration.
- Representation of REALTORS® before local municipalities and governmental agencies.
- Opportunities to meet and discuss issues with legislators locally as well as on Beacon and Capitol Hill.
- Lobbying for decisions that benefit REALTORS® and protect private property rights in Massachusetts.
- Protection of the ability to practice real estate.
- Support of candidates with funding from the REALTOR® Political Action Committee.
- Access to the world's largest real estate library that covers a myriad of topics related to commercial and residential real estate, including 2,300 digital books, audiobooks, and videos; 1,700 digital journals; 12,000 printed books, reports and guides; 750 hard-copy journals; as well as REALTOR® Magazine archives, toolkits, and field guides. (You can also download books straight to your digital device!)
- Exclusive member-only access to the REALTORS Property Resource® (RPR®), which provides members with advanced, single-source access to detailed information about properties, trends and demographics. Create detailed reports branded with your logos and photo in just minutes!
- Member meetings with association updates and delivery of hot real estate topics!
- Various social events, including a holiday celebration, business partner appreciation reception, and partnered events with local area Chambers of Commerce.
- Work side-by-side with other REALTORS® as well as Business Parnters on NEAR committees, work groups, and projects that help the Association as well as our local communities!
- Weekly coordinated broker tours (Andover/North Andover and Chelmsford/Westford areas only)
Awards & Recognition
- Annual awards program that recognizes REALTORS® who have contributed to the association, to the community, and to the industry as well as achieved qualifying production numbers.
- Committees, forums, task forces, and project work for REALTORS® who want to make an impact on the real estate industry or in NEAR's governance or projects.
- A variety of community service projects coordinated by our Community Service Committee are held throughout the year to benefit local shelters, children, and organizations and services that support those with challenges concerning housing and homelessness.
Communications & Publications
- Monthly printed REALTOR® magazine that update members on national housing data and issues.
- Monthly e-newsletters that keep members up-to-date with happenings within the local real estate market, with local issues, and with NEAR activities and education opportunities.
- Website loaded with services and information for REALTORS® and consumers.
- Public and media relations activities, including monthly real estate housing statistics that communicate accurate market conditions.
- Need content for your marketing packages, blog, website, or social media streams? Check out the REALTOR® Content Resource - your source for ready-to-use articles on all aspects of homeownership, including home buying and selling, for your consumer communications. Use the content when you need it, how you need it.
Your official member benefits resource, bringing you discounts and special offers on products and service just for REALTORS®:
- Personal Insurance options including the REALTORS Insurance® Marketplace-private exchange just for members and access to public (government) exchanges, wellness programs, and member-only discounts on auto, home, and renter’s insurance.
- Electronics & Mobile Technology to help you stay current with the latest in tablet, laptop, PC, printer and smartphone technology all at REALTOR® exclusive pricing.
- Travel & Automotive discounts saving you time and money on the road with discounted pricing and special offers on the purchase or lease of select new vehicles or rentals.
- Risk Management programs allow you easily manage many aspects of your financial life.
- Office Supplies and Services, Technology Services, and Gifting & Marketing Resources so that you can work smarter, soar higher, and go further.
- Transaction Management services keep you ahead of the curve for less.
- Educational Tools allow you to expand your knowledge and make yourself indispensable with discounts on select courses towards various certifications and designations.
- The NEAR REALTOR® Store stocks products used by REALTORS® such as yard signs, riders, branded products, lock boxes, calculators, and more!
- Help with Supra keys, member benefits, dues payments, event registration, resource identification, research, and other membership services from friendly, knowledgeable staff available to you Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm!